At VeoRide, we're bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through our dockless pedal bike, e-bike and e-scooter systems. We also offer fat-tire bikes, cargo bikes and ADA-compliant bikes – making us the only shared mobility provider with this breadth of options. We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation to make the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. Our mission is to offer the best combination of multi-modal sharing technology and seamless customer service, so users can unlock joy in their day! We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own solutions. We're headquartered in Chicago, IL, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
Are you the person your friends call when something needs to be fixed or repaired? Do you need to know how something works? Are you passionate about scooters and micro-mobility? If so, you might be VeoRide’s next Fleet Technician!
As a VeoRide Fleet Technician, you'll be responsible for helping manage, maintain, and repair our scooter/bike fleet. VeoRide seeks technicians who are passionate about providing riders with excellent customer service by maintaining our vehicles and continually improving the efficiency of our fleet operations. Fleet technicians will rebalance scooters/vehicles throughout the city and perform minor repair and maintenance related tasks.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a team player who loves to solve problems, work with his or her hands, and be active throughout an entire shift.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing routine inspection and maintenance of scooter fleet
- Redistributing scooters around VeoRide’s service area
- Identifying, documenting, and recovering scooters requiring in-shop repair
- Logging maintenance activity in VeoRide’s information management system
- Responding to on-demand and in the field customer service requests
- Utilizing available & implementing new technology to optimize day-to-day operations
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanical and technical aptitude; previous electric scooter or mechanical/electrical experience highly preferred
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs and be on your feet for the entirety of a shift
- Knowledge of the local geography and street layout
- Flexible schedule including early morning, night, and weekend shifts
- High responsiveness and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be a team player
- Passionate about making Wichita a better place to live and ride
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive hourly wage
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, early stage technology company
- VeoRide credits
- Flexible work hours